Dagger Diving Services are adept and experienced in all aspects of ships husbandry we provide:
- Underwater Hull cleaning and marine growth removal. This minimises in water drag and resistive forces, improving fuel efficiency and enabling a more detailed inspection to be carried out.
- Prop polishing. Improvements in propulsion can be quickly and easily realised with our cost effective propeller polishing and repair serviced. An out of balance propeller or shaft can easily cause bearings and seals to fail prematurely, safe time and money by acting early.
- Non-Destructive Testing. All of our dive team are certified by the Certification Scheme for Weld Inspection Personnel (CSWIP) to 3.2u Underwater NDT Inspector level. This means we can accurately conduct NDT inspections on your vessels hull and component parts. These tests include weld and crack detection, metal thickness readings with ultrasonic gauges, weld pitting measurements, coating inspections, crack blunting / burr grinding, cathodic potential readings of anode and corrosion prevention systems.
- Underwater painting and coating applications. Contrary to popular belief, underwater paint does exist and can successfully be applied to a vessels hull in the water in order to repair a section that has had the original coating removed or scratched off.
- Wet welding to AWS 3.6D standard.
We are also certified to provide underwater inspections in lieu of dry dock (UWIILD). These are “In-water surveys of ships and mobile offshore units in accordance with Class Programme DNVGL-CP-0484”. These surveys can save you a huge amount of money by delaying the time to dry dock and extending the working period that a vessel can operate under legally. If your vessel is in dry dock then it isn’t working and earning you money, so get in touch with the DDS team now to discuss our vessel survey solutions.